sexta-feira, 11 de novembro de 2011

International Food Party, Brazilian Situation and Smiles

Today I have time so I will make a big post with a lot of things that I have to update. Yesterday was so F***ING funny! Maybe, it was the funniest White Harte ever! For those that don't know, The White Harte is the famous pub that we go every Thursday because they have 1 pound 1 beer! So half liter for just one pound! It's a big deal! Continuing, we stayed in a table maybe with 15 people all of them were from the ELC. Everybody was so drunk and laughing because we had been playing that drinking games for hours! It was the day that the main programme of the night was in White Harte. Lets speak about the International Food Party that happened on Wednesday. Can you imagine like 25 nationalities, being represented by 100 different dishes? Yeah, the Party was like this! I ate all different types of food and from different countries as well. Korea, Switzerland, Qatar, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, China, Brazilian (of course) and there you go... So around 200 students inside a big room with their dishes displayed in long tables just waiting for the bell to ring so that they can start to eat everything that is in front of them. Here is a picture just before the ringing of the bell.
If you have really good eyes, you can see me just next to the shoulder of the guy wearing a dark red jacket in the center of the picture. I was quite surprised with the taste of some dishes. Actually because some of them, didn't look very good but were really nice! After the Food Party we went to the same pub that I have salsa classes but this time just for a drink with my friends and we finished the night in MBargo. Well, I have promised that I would say about the Brazilian situation and I will do it now. After staying this 6 months in England, I realised how different it's from Brazil. Here I can walk in the streets without worrying about anything. I take a bus and keep listening to music without being afraid of anyone. And this is something that I will miss in Brazil. My brother told me that he was robbed by a guy carrying a knife. He was really lucky because the guy didn't hurt him and he just robbed the money. The point is that São Paulo is that extreme and not every city in Brazil. But the sad is that it continues to happen. And sometimes I get very upset with this and I'm sorry about that. When I said that I don't want to come back to Brazil is that I don't want to start to live with worries again. I don't want to be afraid of being robbed or something like that, but I know that the place that I will live in Brazil until I finish my university it's like that so I just have to know how I'm going to cope with it. This is it! Lets talk about something happy. These week there was 3 smiles that make me feel really good. So I'll describe each of them now. On Wednesday, we had the International Food Party and there I meet the Andrea's daughter who I nicknamed as "baixinha". Andrea is the social assistance in the school. She is Brazilian but has been living in England for more than five years. Her daughter is 8 years old and really shy. She can speaks Portuguese with a weak accent. We played the whole night and I taught her to say "truta"! It was a really nice and fun night. When Andrea and baixinha were leaving the party, she looked at me, smiled and said: "Vai embora comigo pra gente poder brincar mais?" and this was the first smile that made my week. On Sunday I had dinner with my ex-host family and the daughter, Sophie, cooked some cupcakes for us. I was so pleased because she only cooked them because of me and it was so nice, it really was! So I thought to thank her in another way: I asked her if she was accepting orders and ordered 14 cupcakes to take it to my class on Friday. She said that she would make it for 50p each of them and this was how we made the deal. On Thursday I came back to take my order. Sophie was so happy that she was earning some money (what I called a "fortune" for her) with her cooking abilities!! She just couldn't stop smiling. Her happiness made me feel really good and this is why I put her as the second smile. Well, the third one is a very complicated history. On Wednesday after the Party, we went to a pub with the people from school. There I found a jacket with a mobile, a gloss, some keys and a card of the pub. I thought it was from any of the students because the jacket was in the sofas that we were sitting at the moment, so I took it with me to the MBargo. I realised that it wasn't from any of the students when nobody said nothing about had forgotten a jacket in the pub. So when I arrived at home, I took a look at the mobile and I guessed it was from an English girl because of the contacts and the texts that was in the mobile. The mobile was a HTC, really nice with touch screen. So I texted some numbers of her contact list and waited for an answer. Yesterday, a girl answered me asked me to contact her in another number. Today, she called me and we arranged to meet in the Sainsbury so I could give her jacket/mobile/gloss/keys. So we met in the Sainsbury. It was really short. I just gave her stuff and in this moment her eyes were flooded in tears. She smiled back and gave me a big huge. She offered to pay me a drink in another day and I accepted. She said that she will call me another day so that we can arrange it. I chose these smile because it was really pure like the other two. I felt really good about doing the right thing and I was happy to be rewarded with that smile. Made my day. Tomorrow I'm going to meet Holly and Ash (two of the daughters of my ex-host family) and we're going for what they called a Autumn walk. Pip told me that is like a walk in a park when the leaves are changing colors. Actually, there are a lot of them in the streets now. It's really beautiful! That landscape between gray and yellow is so nice! So I'm looking forward to the Autumn walk tomorrow! I'll take some pictures and put them up here later! I'm feeling really sleepy now, so bye bye fellows!

Um comentário:

  1. I can't wait to leave this crazy life here in São Paulo. Like you, I want to live at a city where we don't have crime and all stuff like that. But we know that you live at a small city at England and I am from a small city in Brazil, and I think that it is the same. Here in São Sebastião I don't need to check all time if the doors are closed or if there is someone walking behind me. But Brazil is our country and we love it. Here we have defects, like every place. Here is where our family and real friends are, and we love you my dear friend. Please, come back home.

    ResponderExcluir