segunda-feira, 21 de novembro de 2011

Fixed pairs and Speaking Exam

Today's post will be different. Yesterday I was taking a look in my files, gathering some expressions for my mock exam that happened today. And I found a really nice list with some expressions called "fixed pairs".
These expressions are made of two words that go with an "&" in the middle. These words might not have any meaning alone, but together they do.

I've selected some of them to put up in the blog so you can take a look and learn some of them.
Bits & Bobs - small things that you usually find lost in a drawer (general things).
Movers & Shakers - the powerful people, usually Presidents, Prime Ministers, etc...
Short & Sweet - much quicker, easier and nicer than you expected.
On & Off - When something happens during a period of time but not continuously.
Ins & Outs - the details of something.
Sick & Tired - fed up with something.

Well, I think the list is this. I have some more expressions but for now, this will work. In the next posts I will try to put them in the text so you can understand the context that they are used.

As I said, I had the mock speaking exam today. Was really well. Sometimes was a little bit to speak because we (me and Won Ho) had already had that picture before but now the questions were different.
On the whole it was short and sweet. Although we had 3 minutes to speak about some pictures, there was a time that we had already finished it and we were trying to find something to say. Unfortunately, this is what I have to avoid in the exam because it's when you say stupid things.
After the exam, the teacher said that both of us would have passed the exam without problem.

Take care everyone!
It's my cleaning day and the kitchen awaits me!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário