quarta-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2011

Dublin, Guinness and Animals

Hi everyone!
I've been in Dublin for 4 days. And I'm really enjoying this lovely city.
Yesterday when I was having lunch with Lucas started to snow!! I was so excited! I asked the waitress if what I was seeing was snow or not. She almost laughed at me! Then she said that the forecast for Tuesday and Thursday was light snow. I just couldn't stop looking outside! But sadly, it snowed for a few minutes and stopped. I heard some news that they had the same in Bristol yesterday. Sooooo cool!
Yesterday we tried oysters with Guinness, a traditional combination here in Ireland. Well, it's not what I was expecting. It tastes like sea water (daerrr!) hahaha.
On Sunday we made the tour in the Guinness Storehouse. HUGE! The Guinness in Ireland is not only a brand or a stout, it's a empire! To realise this just take a look in how many people inside a pub are drinking it comparing with another beer.
In the end of the tour we had the opportunity to pour our own pint!! There is a special technique used to correctly pour it. And after that, of course, you can have a drink and enjoy the view of the bar on the top of the Storehouse.
When we were sit there, we met a woman from Australia. And believe it or not, she said that her job was to speak with animals. You probably can imagine that I had to make a real effort to keep a straight face!! Hahaha
She explained that she could speak with them by asking questions (detail: in English!) and they would answer (detail: in English) or with a image that would pop in her mind. But when I asked if she could speak with the animal that doesn't live in an English speaker country, she said that she have never tried before.
Then Young asked her something that she wanted to know about her dog but what no one were expecting was that the woman asked the name of her dog and to see a picture if it. Afterwards, she closed her eyes and made contact with the Young's dog that was in Korea!! Hahahahaha this was the climax! She answered Young as if she had made contact with her dog! So annoying! Hahaha
In the picture you can see my certificate that I poured the perfect pint! Fuck yeah!
Today I'm leaving the hostel and I'm going to meet a friend from my university in Brazil.
Take care everybody!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário